Bolt Tower and Hlubina*
- The tours listed below take place daily at 10.00, 12.00, 14.00 and 16.00 (for organized groups on prior agreement). All the tours start at the tourist information point.
- We recommend prior capacity booking of the guided tours on 724 955 121, or at email@example.com.
- Do not hesitate to bring your foreign friends along and visit us. We have prepared a new MP3 guide version for Tour A. The visitors may listen to an English, German and Polish recording which copies the guide presentation. As an additional fee to your normal admission you will be charged 100 CZK for the MP3 player rental.
- Tour price list
- The Dolní Vítkovice guide service reserves the right to flexibly amend the guided tours with regard to the weather forecast to ensure the maximum possible safety of the visitors.
A - Blast-furnace tour, including a visit to the Bolt Tower
- A 100-minute guided tour round the blast furnace about the Vítkovice history and the production of pig iron (30-minute break at the Bolt Tower half through the tour).
B - Blast-furnace tour (without the Bolt Tower)
- A 100-minute guided tour focused on the production of pig iron and the history of Dolní Vítkovice.
- The tour is designated for school and organized groups of 10 people, booking necessary at least 1 week before an intended term.
C - Coal tour - surface tour
- A 100-minute guided tour of the Hlubina Mine premises without the possibility of going down the pit - a visit to the reconstructed buildings, headframes, coal mining history presentation, its processing to coke and use in the blast furnaces.
- 1 April-30 June Tuesday-Sunday
- 1 July-31 August Monday-Sunday
- 1 September-31 October Tuesday-Sunday
D - Combined tour
- Daily at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00. A combination of 2 tours A+C (2x100 minutes)
Multifunctional Auditorium Gong tours
- A new 100-minute guided tour presents the rebirth of Dolní Vítkovice - a then decaying steel town into a modern educational, cultural and social centre. You get to see the original parts of the former industrial area as well as completely new and renovated constructions. Where are we headed now? We will present our visions to you in the Multifunctional Auditorium Gong and there will be room for your questions at the Marylin café. Coffee/tea and cake included.
- The tour starts in the tourist information centre every Sunday at 11.00, it is possible to purchase the tickets here or book on +420 724 955 121.
- A visit to the Bolt Tower with a prepaid food voucher for the Bolt Café. Daily 10.00-22.00.
- Book your place online via our booking system. If there is still some free place available, it is possible to book it on the day of your visit also by phone on +420 725 992 124.
- Maximum number of visitors for booking online or by phone is 6. If this number is exceeded, please contact us on our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Dolní oblast Vítkovice, z.s. retains the right to close all the expositions at any time, especially during the Colours of Ostrava festival (including the preparations for the festival and the cleaning after the festival) and during the Christmas holidays 24-25 December.